Automation, deeper analytics, and advanced optimization will benefit more than 20 global 5G service provider customers that use Sandvine’s 5G Standalone, Non-standalone, Fixed Wireless Access and Private Network solutions
Waterloo, ON February 9, 2022 -- Today, Sandvine is launching a series of new 5G Application and Network Intelligence portfolio enhancements that give its 20+ 5G customers deeper insights into application Quality of Experience (QoE), and the impact of 4G to 5G transitions on networks, users, bandwidth usage, devices, and QoE.
The enhancements include:
- Cloud native support for Sandvine’s advanced 5G Service Intelligence Engine, a leading 3GPP-compliant Network Data Analytics Function (NWDAF) designed for automation and zero-touch, closed-loop service and slice assurance in 5G networks. The NWDAF will help CSPs proactively manage their core and edge networks through network function (NF) and slice load analysis use cases;
- Updates to Sandvine’s analytics, including Deep Insights and Insights Data Storage, designed to help CSPs deliver application QoE and security controls to subscribers through pre-packaged object models that track statistics about user behavior, devices, services and application performance;
- Enriched software use case modules:
- Intent-based congestion management, evolved for higher-scale deployments and actively deployed in Fixed Wireless Access networks;
- Real-time subscriber insights, upgraded to give operations teams and customer care agents greater visibility into app performance and behavior to better meet 5G throughput, latency, and customer experience requirements;
- Cyberthreat analysis and management to prevent cyberattacks; and
- 5G slice load analysis and NF load analysis for real-time operational intelligence.
- A 5G Standalone (SA)-ready, cloud-native control plane platform, Maestro Policy Engine, which now provides contextual awareness about subscribers, as well as 4G to 5G inter-core handover metrics that ensure flawless coverage across access types, devices, locations, and users; and
- Public cloud integrations with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and other major cloud providers.
Lyndon Cantor, CEO, Sandvine said: “We are excited that more than 20 service providers are now benefiting from Sandvine’s 5G portfolio across standalone, non-standalone, fixed wireless access, and private networks. To successfully improve application quality of experience and generate new revenues while migrating to 5G, our customers need high quality, real-time data. With visibility across 5G adoption, user experiences, cyberthreats, devices, and applications, they gain operational intelligence in the form of sophisticated and predictive insights. This requires programmable networks with automated functions that respond to network conditions and customer experiences in real time. Our continued 5G portfolio innovations are ensuring that our customers can meet these requirements for emerging 5G services.”
To learn more about how application and network intelligence in 5G deployments will help assure throughput and latency for superior subscriber QoE, schedule a meeting with us at Mobile World Congress by clicking here. And check out our Telenet and TELUS news and our new 2022 Global Internet Phenomena Report and on-demand Webinar.
Sandvine’s 5G Portfolio
A 5G Perspective: Leverage the Power of Application Intelligence
IDC Spotlight: Application and Network Intelligence is Critical for 5G Success
Sandvine’s 2022 Global Internet Phenomena Report
Application and Network Intelligence Use Cases eBook
Cloud Ready Options
5G Service Intelligence Engine (NWDAF) Whitepaper
5G Service Innovation and Intelligence Whitepaper
Sandvine's cloud-based Application and Network Intelligence portfolio helps customers deliver high quality, optimized experiences to consumers and enterprises. Customers use our solutions to analyze, optimize, and monetize application experiences using contextual machine learning-based insights and real-time actions. Market-leading classification of more than 95% of traffic across mobile and fixed networks by user, application, device, and location creates uniquely rich, real-time data that significantly enhances interactions between users and applications and drives revenues. For more, visit http://www.sandvine.com or follow Sandvine on Twitter @Sandvine.
+1 816 680 1447