Grow Revenue by Rapidly Deploying Innovative Services Your Subscribers Want
It’s no secret that average revenue per user (ARPU) is declining, and studies show that this is the trend even in emerging markets.
Increased competition and a lack of easy sources of growth mean that communications service providers need to create new revenue sources while maximizing existing ones.
No matter your access technology, dominant billing and payment models, and access technologies, our expertise and policy control platform (including the graphical ServiceDesigner interface) help you create innovative prepaid and postpaid services built around real subscriber demand, so you can outpace the competition and reap the revenue rewards.
The Possibilities are Endless (Literally)
Other than examining our long list of real-world success stories, perhaps the best way to showcase the infinite subscriber services possibilities is to look at the building blocks—the actual components of any service. One way to do this is to ask some questions, for instance:
- How will your subscribers pay for the service: prepaid or postpaid?
- Is this a ‘base’ service, or a bolt-on/add-on?
- What usage is included in the service: a single application, a collection of applications, one or more application categories, or all traffic?
- How much usage is included, and how will you count it: discrete events, time, or byte volume?
- What happens to unused usage when a billing period ends: does it expire, or does it roll over?
- Who actually pays: the subscribers, or a third-party sponsor?
- What about other considerations? Will you guarantee quality of service (QoS)? Will there be any zero-rated content? Will your services offer any subscriber engagement, like notifications or self-management?
The answers to these questions will help you determine exactly what form your new subscriber services will take.
Importantly, when you choose Sandvine as your service innovation platform, you can be confident that you’ll get paid for the services you deliver:
- Billing and charging with a direct, real-time Gy interface prevents revenue leakage
- The industry’s best traffic classification prevents LTE fraud from QCI abuse, and lets you protect against advanced fraud attempts (including tunneling and encryption)
- Audit logs and secondary data records let you create redundant billing systems as back-up
Many services, especially within LTE networks, expect or require quality-of-service (QoS) assurances, and our platform lets you apply these guarantees. In fact, thanks to our traffic classification technology, you can even offer QoS for non-IMS services.
Subscriber Services with Sandvine
A Keynote Presentation
In this 15 minute overview, Warren Pamukoff discusses how Sandvine can help CSPs grow revenue by rapidly deploying innovative services that their subscribers want.
Example Use Cases
To give you some more ideas, here is a selection of use cases that begin to show the breadth of our subscriber services capabilities.
Increase the personalization options by letting subscribers add specific features and packs.
Offer subscriber services that are free to use—paid for by a third-party sponsor.
HD Voice and VoLTE
Deliver crystal-clear voice services that stand out from the noise of over-the-top alternatives.
Offer a range of valuable WiFi services, from voice-over-WiFi, to sponsored plans, and more.
Provide travelers with affordable, innovative options and protect them against bill-shock.
Shared Data Services
Build services that share data between family members, devices, and device radios.
Prepaid Data Packs
Use rapid innovation to offer choice and personalization within your prepaid services.
Enrich your postpaid services with speed tiers, quotas, and rollover data plans.
Build loyalty and augment your services with your own branded mobile hybrid apps.
Single Number Reach
Provide a single phone number to subscribers and make them reachable on any device.
Create a great subscriber experience with network-wide single sign-on recognition.
Innovative Services for Today's Digital Consumer
Whether the goal is to increase data adoption in emerging markets, or increase subscriber loyalty in mature markets, CSPs must be agile and deliver innovative services their subscribers will value.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to move beyond volume-based (per-MB) billing by deploying any combination of subscriber services based on application, location, device, subscriber, and time
- How to increase time-to-market to outmaneuver competitors and create differentiation
- How real-time metering, billing, and charging can eliminate revenue leakage for the operator
Zero-Rating and Sponsored Data under Net Neutrality
Sandvine’s solutions have powered innovative subscriber plans featuring application zero-rating and sponsored data in emerging, global markets for years. Now, similar plans are starting to appear in North America. But how can you implement those plans successfully within regional concepts of Network Neutrality?
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices for zero-rating
- Best practices for sponsored data
- How to innovate within the spirit of Network Neutrality