Provide a secure and protected Internet experience for students, faculty, and administrators
For schools and school boards, providing Internet connectivity to students, faculty, and administrators is an important part of creating a high-quality learning environment, especially as smartphones, tablets, and laptops become everyday education tools.
This Internet access must be safe and reliable, so that students and faculty alike can access the awesome learning and teaching potential of the Internet without being exposed to online threats and inappropriate content.
Traditionally, implementing URL filtering policies has required on-premise equipment and the IT expertise to install, update, and manage those specialized solutions. Alternatively, Internet providers could take care of these value-adds, but doing so still required cumbersome equipment and ongoing operations management.
But now, Internet providers can include compelling features as subscription-based add-ons to basic Internet connectivity—without requiring additional equipment and the installation and management effort that this equipment demands.
With Sandvine’s Cloud Services Policy Controller, IT departments in the education sector can:
- URL filtering to block inappropriate content
- Protection against denial of service attacks, botnets, and other online threats
- Usage reports that can show them when they need to upgrade their service to a higher bandwidth
- Control over how bandwidth is divided between faculty and students
- Prioritization of important education applications, and control over applications that make inappropriate use of the school’s bandwidth