Sandvine Base Operations Remote Seminar
This seminar, delivered via multiple remote sessions, is intended to familiarize those in an operations role with:
- Sandvine elements that exist in the network
- The basics of Managing & Monitoring these elements
The seminar will include slides, discussion, and live demonstrations.
What’s in My Network?
- What is the Policy Traffic Switch (PTS)?
- What is the Subscriber Policy Broker (SPB)?
- What is the Service Delivery Engine (SDE)?
- For each of the elements above, what do they do?
- PTS Cluster vs Data ports
- Core Files used by each Element
- Core Services
- How are the PTS, SPB, and SDE inter- connected?
Managing & Monitoring My System
- Using Control Center to Manage Elements
- Connecting to Elements via SSH
- Users, Groups, Permissions
- Introduction to Sandvine CLI
- Applying Configuration Changes
- What Changed and When?
- Log Files
- Resources and Performance
- Control Connections
- Data and Cluster Traffic
- Basic SandScript – Collecting Statistics
- Database Health
If you have any questions about Sandvine’s Education Services or courses, contact email@example.com.