Traffic Management Dashboard
Extend Resource Lifetimes & Increase Return on Capital Investment
Plan your congestion management policies and optimally prioritize your capital investments based on the granular insight provided by the Traffic Management Dashboard. With this dashboard you will be able to quantifiably demonstrate the positive impacts of your decisions and increase the return on your capital investments.
The Traffic Management Dashboard focuses on optimizing network performance and capacity planning by powering Cable Internet providers with the ability to monitor network resources for the telltale signs of congestion. Detailed measurements observe the frequency and prevalence of congestion on a per-QAM level, letting you focus capital spending where it will provide the largest return.
A Better Way to Provision Cable Networks
Resource provisioning is typically based on bandwidth utilization – when a particular resource crosses a specific bandwidth threshold, capacity is added. This simplistic approach often leads to expansion that is premature and in the wrong locations.
Cable operators interested in a better provisioning process are working with Sandvine to extend resource lifetime and increase the return on capital. For precise congestion management that preserves subscriber quality of experience (QoE), operators rely on Fairshare Traffic Management; and to target expansion efforts to locations where subscriber QoE is at risk, they leverage the Traffic Management Dashboard. Rather than provisioning for bandwidth, these networks are provisioned for quality.
Key Metrics at your Fingertips
With the Traffic Management Dashboard you will get a breadth and depth of information about traffic and congestion on your network to help you plan and build in capacity, ensuring the quality of experience (QoE) for your subscribers.
This dashboard provides concise congestion management, allowing you to monitor congestion and measure the impact of subscriber managed events:
- Quality-based Provisioning: lets you target expansion efforts with Fairshare Traffic Management and add capacity where subscriber QoE is at risk.
- Capacity Planning Calculator: allows you to accurately project capacity requirements to explore and plan out your capacity expansion.
The Traffic Management Dashboard provides Cable operators with per-resource visibility into key metrics, including:
- Round-Trip Time (RTT) quality metrics: Max RTT, RTT at Peak
- Total Traffic Volume
- Percent of Time Congested
- Peak Bandwidth
- Average Peak Bandwidth per Subscriber
- Peak-to-Trough Bandwidth Ratio
- Percent of Packets Dropped and Delayed
- Subscriber Persona profiles
- Fairshare Traffic Management metrics: Number of Managed and Unmanaged Subscribers, Number of Management Events, Managed Subscriber RTT, Unmanaged Subscriber RTT
These metrics are presented in a variety of display widgets, including:
- Scorecards and Data Tables
- Trend Projection graphs
- 24-Hour Average Day views
Cable operators are able to view metrics in aggregate, and can use a search utility or network hierarchy tree to focus attention on particular sections of the network, down to per-QAM granularity.
Get Data Out of the Network and Into the Boardroom
Network Analytics is meant to simplify your life, and that includes the ability to easily communicate the insights that you uncover:
- With one click, save every image, table, graph, and screen as a .PNG or .CSV file
- E-mail direct links to dashboard screens
- Create custom reports tailored to your reporting needs
Distinct from simple reporting platforms, Network Analytics delivers advanced capabilities including statistical analysis, trend projection and parameter-based predictive modeling, and presents all the data in a vibrant, intuitive dashboard format for maximum context. The result is actionable data and measureable business impact.