Savvius’ New Omnipliance and OmniPeek 9.0 Solutions Powered by Procera’s NAVL Engine Combined with Napatech’s High-Speed Accelerator to Provide Superior Performance
Fremont, Calif., May 5, 2015 — Procera Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: PKT), the global Subscriber Experience company, today announced that its Network Application Visibility Library (NAVL) has been selected by Savvius, a leading provider of network analytics and performance solutions, to deliver real-time, application-aware network capture and analysis for the latest versions of its Omnipliance hardware and OmniPeek software solutions. Savvius leverages technology from the world’s leading supplier of accelerators for network management and security, Napatech, to provide sustained capture rate with zero packet loss and minimize performance impact from sophisticated real-time analytics such as NAVL.
Procera and Napatech solutions provide the highest level of performance, reduce time-to-market and risk, and increase ROI for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Procera and Napatech enable OEM clients such as Savvius to focus on core competencies and deliver industry-leading solutions to customers.
- Visualizing, analyzing and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks – Savvius embeds Procera’s NAVL software engine into all of its products: Omnipliance hardware, OmniPeek software and the recently introduced Savvius Vigil security forensics appliance. This integration allows its customers to classify applications in real time and gather information to better understand what is going on in the network.
- Omnipliance is a family of network analysis and capture appliances that provide forensic analysis of past events to enable detailed network monitoring, recording and troubleshooting in today’s high-speed network environments.
- OmniPeek provides an intuitive user interface and “top-down” approach to visualizing network conditions. Engineers can quickly analyze, drill down into and fix performance bottlenecks across multiple network segments, maximizing uptime and improving end-user satisfaction.
- Savvius Vigil provides intelligent, long-term storage of network packets most likely to be useful in future security incident investigations.
- Combined solution provides industry-leading DPI functionality – Savvius has been leveraging Napatech accelerators to capture, timestamp, filter, and slice packets for several years. Procera’s NAVL is a next-generation DPI software engine that provides real-time, Layer-7 classification of network traffic. The combination of these two solutions enables Savvius to easily integrate industry-leading DPI functionality into its OmniPeek network analyzer for a single and seamless view of Layer 4-7 network traffic and applications at blazing speeds. Other features include:
- Deep-packet inspection engine for application classification and troubleshooting solution that provides an intuitive, easy-to-use graphical interface that allows engineers to rapidly analyze and troubleshoot high-speed networks.
- Granular, real-time visibility into network traffic and applications at high speeds, which is critical for analyzing and troubleshooting today’s networks. Savvius can now provide superior security and management capabilities.
- Access to application information such as bandwidth, distribution, response time and other details to troubleshoot performance issues as they arise.
Procera’s NAVL is a next-generation DPI software engine that provides real-time, Layer 4-7 classification of network traffic. Running on all popular processors and operating systems, NAVL allows integrators to remain focused on their core competencies while implementing industry-leading DPI functionality in their products.
“As networks are becoming faster and more complex, it is critical that our solutions continue to capture, record, and analyze traffic in real time with zero packet loss,” said Mandana Javaheri, chief technology officer, Savvius. “We evaluated several deep packet inspection product vendors and decided to embed Procera’s NAVL into our platform because of its performance, number of classified applications, accuracy, and relevant metadata. Savvius has been using Napatech’s accelerators to timestamp, filter, slice, and capture packets, as well as to provide real-time statistics, for many years now. The combination of our technology with Procera’s NAVL and Napatech’s accelerators forms a compelling solution for real-time application-aware network analysis and forensics.”
“In today’s ultra-fast networks, the impact of traffic and application problems is not easily separable and the resulting congestion makes networks appear sluggish, causing critical applications such as VoIP, WEB, ERP and CRM to slow down significantly,” said Derek Lownsbrough, vice president of engineering at Procera. “Without real-time, granular visibility into both traffic and applications, end-users feel the symptoms of congestion but don’t see the causes. NAVL provides insight into problematic conditions, as well as their locations, speeding up the analysis of network segments that present security or performance risks, resulting in an improved end-user experience for Savvius’ enterprise customers.”
“High bit-rate applications, data traffic and the bandwidth used to deliver them are constantly expanding, while network congestion and application latency increase as data travels farther between locations,” said Henrik Brill Jensen, CEO, Napatech. “Napatech accelerators help OEMs such as Savvius stay ahead of this data growth curve while providing them with the ability to quickly analyze and troubleshoot network management and security applications.”
About Procera Networks, Inc.
Procera Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: PKT), the global Subscriber Experience company, is revolutionizing the way operators and vendors monitor, manage and monetize their network traffic. Elevate your business value and improve customer experience with Procera’s sophisticated intelligence solutions. For more information, visit www.proceranetworks.com or follow Procera on Twitter at @ProceraNetworks.
About Savvius, Inc.
Savvius, Inc., a leader in packet-level network analytics and security forensics, enables network and security professionals to identify, understand, and respond to challenges in network performance and security. Savvius, formerly WildPackets, has sold products in more than 60 countries and all industrial sectors. Customers include Apple, Boeing, Cisco, Deutsche Telecom, Fidelity, Microsoft, Nationwide, and a high percentage of the Fortune 1000. Savvius is a Cisco Solution Partner. For more information, visit www.savvius.com.
Napatech is the world leader in accelerating network management and security applications. As data volume and complexity grow, the performance of these applications needs to stay ahead of the speed of networks in order to do their jobs. We make this possible, for even the most demanding financial, telecom, corporate and government networks. Now and in the future, we enable our customers’ applications to run faster than the networks they need to manage and protect. www.napatech.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements related to Procera Networks, Inc., including statements relating to the potential applications and demand for Procera’s products, the performance of its products and solutions, and the ability of its products to interoperate effectively with other technologies and meet the requirements of customers. Statements in this release that are not historical or current facts are forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements in this release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the Company’s actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performances or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties related to the acceptance and adoption of Procera’s products and solutions; the Company’s ability to service and upgrade its products; its dependence on a limited product line and key customers; its dependence on key employees; its ability to compete in our industry with companies that are significantly larger and have greater resources; its ability to protect its intellectual property rights in a global market; Procera’s recently announced merger agreement with affiliates of Francisco Partners; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in the Company’s documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Procera Networks’ business are described in the "Risk Factors" sections of its Form 10-K filed for the year ended December 31, 2014, its subsequently filed quarterly reports, and other reports filed with the SEC, which are available free of charge on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov or on Procera’s website at http://www.proceranetworks.com. Given these risks and uncertainties, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Procera as of the date hereof, and the Company undertakes no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statement for any reason.
Mike Tomlinson, Engage PR for Procera Networks, 510-748-8200 x209,
Michelle Dailey for Savvius, 415-432-2458
Kim Dearborn, Nadel Phelan for Napatech, +1-831-440-2407, firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations Contacts
Michael Bishop, Blueshirt Group for Procera Networks, 415-217-4968,
Niels Hobolt, Napatech, +45 8853 7003, email@example.com