Waterloo, ON; June 21, 2017 – Sandvine, (TSX:SVC) a leading provider of intelligent broadband network solutions for fixed and mobile operators, today announced that its leading Business Intelligence solutions have been significantly enhanced to allow for faster, more flexible and more intuitive reporting on more key metrics than ever before.The enhancements include:
- A new columnar data warehouse that supports significantly faster reads and writes and dramatically increased storage. The result is better performance and capabilities across Sandvine’s full Business Intelligence portfolio, including Network Demographics, Network Analytics and Record Generator, for exporting data records to a CSP’s existing Big Data solutions.
- A faster, easier-to-use and more visually appealing version of Network Demographics, Sandvine’s out-of-the-box reporting product that keeps operations and engineering teams informed about network activity and performance through an intuitive and customizable interface that provides right-time information and insight.
- Native integration to Big Data systems and technologies, enabling communications service providers (CSPs) to easily integrate real-time measurements and observations into telemetry message buses such as Kafka, Flume, and Apache NiFi without the need to go through complex offline data mediation processes.
CSPs use data from network-based Business Intelligence solutions for a number of broad use cases, such as:
- Real-time monitoring of the network to identify issues and opportunities in real-time, create relevant new measurements for them and apply policies on the fly, such as for security, fraud or downtime events.
- Ongoing, long-term analysis of known, key KPIs like application and device usage trends, and subscriber quality of experience metrics for video and web surfing.
- Deep dives into developing network trends, such as adoption of connected home devices on the network, encrypted traffic levels, or emerging fraud events, such as “fully-loaded Kodi” boxes and unlicensed IPTV, zero-rating fraud, and OTT Voice Bypass, each of which may require custom measurements.
Sandvine’s entire Business Intelligence solution portfolio benefits significantly from today’s announced enhancements.
- Through enhanced storage and faster access, users can simultaneously report on and store a vastly increased number of per-subscriber metrics, such as users’ quality of experience for video, voice, web browsing or other applications that are tightly correlated to subscriber churn.
- More data gathered through machine learning, for zero-day network protection or enhanced application identification.
- Upgrades to the Network Demographics interface for an even more intuitive and visually compelling presentation of network data.
- Dramatically faster access to data means that reports are generated and data records exported more quickly, on demand, for more agile decision-making.
- Data events can be sent in real time to enable live updates to dashboards, such as real time insights by Customer Experience Management platforms (e.g., detecting early signs of network issues or event-based application traffic spikes), or real-time security issue notifications, as an integrated part of a Security Information and Event Management platform.
- Sandvine’s FlexPanels feature allows Network Analytics users to intuitively engage in free-form exploration of network data to investigate anomalous or interesting results on the spot, in a visualization best-suited to the analysis. Network Analytics offers multiple fixed views of CSP’s data, but unlike competitive offerings, FlexPanels also allows analysis to go beyond such views to provide the necessary answers to key questions at the right time.
Sandvine’s core Business Intelligence solutions are built on the market’s most trusted data foundation, which examines data plane traffic and control plane events, and provides intelligent analysis to extract quantitative and qualitative information and observations and deliver them at the right time to the right visualization tool. The result is a solution portfolio that serves more use cases through better, more accurate metrics delivered in an intuitive manner.
“To run a successful network and business, CSPs need to make data-driven decisions. Some decisions are strategic, and shape the business long-term; others are tactical, and impact events in real-time or the day-to-day. All are important to get right,” said Don Bowman, CTO, Sandvine. “These enhancements unlock the power of Sandvine’s unmatched data foundation so that our customers can get easier and more powerful access to more data than ever before, to get to the right answer at the right time.”
To learn more about the major enhancements to Sandvine’s Business Intelligence products register for “The Data-Driven CSP”, a Sandvine webinar today at 10:00 a.m. EDT.
Sandvine’s network policy control solutions add intelligence to fixed, mobile and converged communications service provider networks, to increase revenue, reduce network costs and improve subscriber quality of experience. Our networking solutions perform end-to-end policy control functions, including traffic classification, policy decision, and enforcement. Deployed as virtualized network functions or on Sandvine’s purpose-built hardware, the products provide actionable business insight, and the ability to deploy new consumer and business subscriber services, optimize and secure network traffic, and engage with subscribers.
Sandvine’s network policy control solutions are deployed in more than 300 networks in over 100 countries, serving hundreds of millions of data subscribers worldwide. www.sandvine.com.
+1 519 880 2232