As an Engineer, VAS Analytics, you will be responsible for creating consistent design, construction and operation of Sandvine analytics solutions to achieve a desired set of business outcomes for our customer. Using specific customer environments and business processes, you will be critical in taking a customer’s current state (technical and business), helping to customize Sandvine analytics solutions to meet their Business Intelligence requirements. You will be working on-site/Remote to deliver existing and new analytics use cases to our customer, working with Product Management and Engineering where new and innovative requirements are identified.
- Perform Business Intelligence consulting engagements in the delivery of services associated with the Sandvine Analytics product.
- Interpret customer demands and challenges into technical specification and accordingly design and document them into an implementable solution
- Should be able to identify network and subscriber patterns and transform them into meaningful data for business intelligence and network analytics applications using Sandvine’s products and solutions
- Deliver solutions by using MicroStrategy, Flex, ETL (Extract Transform Load), scripting (including Sandvine’s policy language and rulesets) and database modeling tools
- Responsible for designing, development, executing Acceptance Test Plans, and putting the solutions into production; trial prototypes, Alpha, Beta or CA versions of new analytics dashboards in the customer network. Collect and report information relevant to the product being trialed.
- Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
- Configuring and troubleshooting network analytics solutions
- Work effectively as a member of the team, taking initiative in driving projects to completion, and assuming a leadership role when needed
- Continuously improve and expand Sandvine’s products and solutions portfolio understanding along with keeping an up to date industry knowledge around best practices and latest technological developments
- Interface with Sandvine internal groups (Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance) to continuously improve and innovate
- Operational Issues that are outside of your knowledge domain will be escalated to Sandvine’s customer support for further investigation while you play a key role in communicating status updates to the customer and scheduling further investigation activities as require until resolution
What Skills You Bring
- 5+ years applicable experience;
- Strong background in statistical theory, specifically related to the collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data
- Demonstrated experience in MicroStrategy (administration, architect, report and dashboard design)
- Working knowledge of Flex integrated with MicroStrategy
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (sh, bsh, tcl, and Python) and SQL
- Working knowledge of Linux/FreeBSD system configuration and administration
- Ability to manage challenges and set priorities in a complex environment
- Good Experience of data modelling, DB administration, Vertica /SQL/PostgreSQL/, ETL/Cubes and/or BI in general (microstrategy, tableau, elastic search, kibana, grafana)
- Exposure to machine learning principles, algorithms, security or encryption technologies
- Academic understanding of differences in machine learning and Artificial intelligence, state machines and decision trees
- Exposure to probability (bayesian rules, likely hood) and techniques such as bayesNet, fuzzy logic, decision trees
- Exposure to data modeling and corresponding techniques such as clustering, correlations
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Positive can-do attitude with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent demonstrated customer interaction skills in a technical or professional services type role
- Accountability and issues management
- Ability to manage and resolve ambiguity
- Ability and willingness to take initiative in driving projects to completion and operate with minimal supervision
- Ability to professionally work with and in front of a customer even under high pressure and challenging environments
- Excellent troubleshooting, investigative, problem solving and communications skills
- Team environment
- Ability to absorb new technologie
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and seamlessly manage several customer requests
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and adhere to challenging delivery schedules
- Should be willing to work hands on with equipment and tools where required and support other team members in a cross functional role
- Customer facing skills
- Good problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Additional Knowledge and Skills (this should list additional knowledge and/or skills not required to be successful in the role but that may facilitate employee success)
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and/or operation of network equipment such as Cisco, Juniper or other network hardware manufacturers
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Java, C/C++, python, Perl etc
- Good background of packet level debugging using Wireshark, tcpdump, tcpreplay or similar tools
- Exposure to virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM), deployment of Openstack and experience with automation tools like Ansible
- Familiar with cloud architecture (AWS, Google cloud, AWS,…), containers and orchestration concepts (kubernetes, swarm) and tools like Docker,Jenkins,…
- Exposure to virtual concepts like: NUMA, SRIOV, PCI-Passthrough,Virtio
- Understanding of NFV particularly around MANO/ONAMP
- Exposure to and understanding of web application concepts like P2P, VoIP, WAP, MMS, RTSP
- Knowledge of industry models and best practices (eg. Scrum, ITIL etc)
- Experience with modern web applications using Ajax and REST API’s will be advantageous
- Good Experience with network traffic monitoring, or firewall technologies – especially in a Telecom, ISP, or Cable Internet environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM program; alternative educational programs may be accepted at the discretion of the department VP preferred. Education may be substituted for comparable relevant work experience
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you’ll take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and vacation from day one
- Commitment to employee health and well-being
- Fun work environment
- International travel opportunities (role-dependent)
Sandvine Applicant Data Protection Authorization
Thank you for your interest in Sandvine. In order to consider you for possible employment with Sandvine, we need to collect and process some of your personal data. Please read the following Sandvine Data Protection Authorization and provide your consent to collect and process your personal information for employment consideration.
Your data will be retained by Sandvine in our global recruitment system located in Canada for a period of five years. The information you are submitting to Sandvine is considered personal information and may be protected by worldwide data protection laws, including but not limited to the Canadian PIPEDA and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Sandvine takes data privacy compliance very seriously and is committed to compliance with all applicable privacy laws.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to this authorization, including providing consent to collect your personal data for the purpose of potential employment or an internship with Sandvine. We will not be able to accept applications otherwise.
While we're not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
Please reach out to our recruiters to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You may also email our team at GTATeam@sandvine.com to begin a conversation about individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process and support moving forward if you are successfully hired.