Careers at Sandvine
Software Engineer- Network SecurityLocation: Waterloo, Canada (Development)
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
The candidate will develop software for our cutting edge and rapidly evolving Network Security products. These products solve communication service provider security problems such as Distributed Denial of Service attacks, malicious behavior like address and port scanning, botnet communication, phishing, malware propagation, ransomware attacks, etc. This role involves working closely with Product Management and members of the Engineering team to design, implement and deliver improvements and new features as well as to help brainstorm the game changing Network Security features of tomorrow. The candidate will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies and methodologies. If you are looking for a very challenging and rewarding work experience, then we would like to hear from you.
- Innovate solutions to the world’s biggest Internet security problems
- Design, develop, and deliver features that enable communication service providers to protect their networks and their subscribers from malicious traffic and attacks
What skills you bring
- BE or ME (or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Interest in Internet security
- Networking knowledge (e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, switching/routing)
- Experience with an interpreted scripting language such as Python, TCL, etc. considered an asset
- Experience developing real-time multi-threaded software would be an asset
- Most of all, we are looking for smart, ambitious people with a strong work ethic and desire to learn
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a public company with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Casual & Collaborative work environment
- Employee development - training programs, lunch and learns, and education reimbursement
- Fun Work Environment that includes team events, sports leagues, on-site gaming + complementary drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Onsite service such as hair stylist, chiropractor, massage therapist, lunch delivery and financial advisors
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team