Careers at Sandvine
Software Engineer - Policy Traffic SwitchLocation: Bangalore, India (Development)
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
In your role as a Senior Software Engineer for Linux & Virtualization cloud platform team, you will work on our Linux software and technology (kernel, drivers, etc).
You will design, develop, test and maintain a variety of low-level software that runs on our high performance platforms. This is also an opportunity to contribute kernel and virtualization features back to open source.
- You are one of the smartest people on the planet
- Be the ultimate Linux Guru at Sandvine
- Develop and customize Linux kernels, communication stacks (ie TCP/IP, UDP) and drivers for Sandvine’s hardware platforms
- Develop performance features on our Linux Virtualization and Cloud platforms.
- Analyse and fix kernel level bugs across the organization
- Lead large projects such as implementations of new versions of Linux into Sandvine products
What skills you bring
- BTech or MTech (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of Linux development (Kernel, driver and stack level development).
- Excellent programming skills in C
- Debugging and troubleshooting using KDB, Profiling tools for CPU and memory
- 2+ years of experience in software development in the Telecommunication Industry
- Strong understanding of kernel level modules like Scheduling, Memory management and IPCs
- Understanding of Networking Concepts like TCP/IP, Switching and Routing.
- Understanding of Openstack components and relevant experience is desirable
- Understanding of virtualization technology, libvert, kvm, qemu is desirable
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a global organization with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team