Careers at Sandvine
Sales EngineerLocation: Tokyo, Japan (Sales)
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
As a member of the local sales management team, the Senior Sales Engineer provides representation to prospects and customers for all Sandvine solutions articulating their value proposition, operational benefits and features. The candidate must possess competitive knowledge in modern IP protocols and network policy management, including solution, technology and product offerings and a deep understanding of the company, its solutions and products strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. The territory for this position is Japan and requires travel within Japan, and occasionally the Asia Pacific region and North America.
- Customer presentations, bids and proposals coordination as well as network design
- Partner with Account Managers to focus Sandvine sales messages and support the customer in articulating their technical requirements and selection criteria
- May be called to support Sandvine project implementations, providing installations and service readiness testing when needed
- Support launch and marketing activities and assist with tradeshows and knowledge transfers
- Act as front line to effectively answer any questions from customers regarding the proposed products, solutions and their application
- Assist with the identification and championing of improvements in Sandvine products based on customer feedback and market demands
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years related pre-sales, industry and business experience
- Japanese language fluency both verbal and written
- Strong experience installing and configuring IP network equipment in a Service Provider environment (e.g. Cisco or Juniper routers/switches, Unix and/or BSD operating systems, firewall technologies) or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
- Strong knowledge of the Internet and TCP/IP protocols, sub-netting, routing, traffic flow, P2P and other related protocols such as RADIUS, AAA, DHCP, LDAP, SNMP, Ethernet, Billing
- Proven working knowledge of software programing and scripting
- Assets Experience in wireless data technologies (CDMA, GPRS or LTE) and architecture/standards (3GPP, 3GPP2)
- Experience in wireline access technologies (xDSL, FTTH or HFC/Cable) Industry certifications such as Juniper JNCIA/JNCP, Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent
- Possess strong organizational and exceptional follow-up and relationship building skills
- Be self-motivated and self-starting and have a demonstrated ability to absorb new technologies
- Be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs and when submitting reports or generating customer collateral
- Possess articulate verbal presentation skills and be comfortable addressing senior technical customer audiences
- Demonstrate good mastery of the English language
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a public company with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team