Careers at Sandvine
SAP Application AdministratorLocation: Bangalore, India (Global IT & IS)
SAP Application AdministratorThe opportunity:
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
Want to help build a Smarter Internet?
The Enterprise Application team is seeking a SAP Administrator to manage, monitor, and secure our SAP and Salesforce systems. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems. Will also work closely with IT staff and business resources in the head office and global sites.
The candidate will help with the implementation, ongoing maintenance, and administration of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and CRM systems. The candidate must be able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing and dynamic environment with frequent multiple deadlines.
Working well with a team is essential. The SAP Administrator will be working under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Enterprise Applications.
- You are one of the smartest people on the planet
- Provide support for the shared SAP application environments, including managing clients and upgrades, developing standards and procedures and interfacing with the functional teams implementing SAP application components.
- Assist in maintaining and managing the SAP technical environment, including interfacing with the technology areas, developing operational standards and procedures and training the operations staff.
- Perform Homogenous System Copies.
- Perform SAP upgrades and enhancements.
- Manage the development of cross application strategies for the SAP environment, including remote access, reporting infrastructures, archiving, printing and Internet Transaction Server.
- Responsible for creating users, roles, and authorizations
- Requires at least 3 years’ experience as a SAP BASIS administrator
- Demonstrated expertise with SAP, including experience in SAP releases ERP 6.0 EhP0 and above, Solution Manager, BW systems, and supporting multiple systems/clients in the landscape.
- Proficiency with client administration, application performance monitoring and tuning, application upgrades including enhancement package, support package and kernel, CCMS monitoring, transport management, spool administration, lock and update management, workload analysis, analysis of dumps and alerts, SAP frontend installations and upgrades.
- Proficient in problem determination and issue resolution
- Upgrade experience must include Enhancement package/ Support Package/ Kernel upgrades
- Over three years of administering SAP Security using Central User Administration.
- Hands on experience with creating users, roles, and authorizations
- Ability to communicate well with SAP team members and users to create and edit SAP security roles.
- Ability to follow security administration policies and procedures for SAP environment.
- Knowledge of Salesforce security & system copies would be an added bonus
At Sandvine, we’re really smart people doing a really hard, important job. We’re building a smarter Internet. Communication service providers use our products to deploy new subscriber services, engage with subscribers and gain insight into, optimize and secure network traffic. We’re a global organization with over 300 customers in more than 100 different countries.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute 10 times, our Team Members have the opportunity to innovate, take on new challenges, and make a difference in delivering products that have a real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and quickly translated into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's smarter Internet.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team